9 years ago I married my best friend. 9 years, 6 jobs, 5 moves, 4 cars, 3 cats, and 2 kids later, we beat the odds and are still together – happier and wiser for better or worse!
What I’ve learned about marriage…
1. If only people spent as much time planning their wedding as they did their marriage… enough said 🙂
2. Being married is tough. Marriage is a commitment – every day, every decision big and small, is a decision to say “I choose to do this with YOU!!”
3. Don’t underestimate the power of having a partner – to laugh with, cry with, and everything in between. Your partner will see you at your absolute worst and your absolute best. Honor that relationship.
4. Apologize even if you think you didn’t do something wrong – sometimes you just need to do that.
5. Hugs can soften any argument.
6. Watching your kids – who are a part of you and your husband, is truly one of life’s miracles. Enjoy the little moments with your kids – they grow and change faster than the blink of an eye.
7. Say ‘thank you’ – don’t underestimate the value of being appreciated and gratitude.
8. Remember, before the house, the cars, the kids.. you were a couple 1st. Make each other a priority. Take the time to look nice for each other and do little things to each other that show how much you care.
9. Don’t take each other for granted – say “I Love You” often.
10. Don’t take yourself or each other too seriously… LAUGH!
Happy Anniversary baby… can’t wait to celebrate the big 10 next year!